Boxing - Fitness - Competition
Men - Women - Kids - All Ages!
Whether you want to experience a high impact cardio workout, hit your weight loss goals, learn boxing skills, or wish to become a competitive boxer, Spokane Boxing can accommodate whatever you want to achieve!
- Burn up to 700 calories an hour!
- Be trained by former professional boxers
- Achieve incredible fitness and conditioning!
- Realistic and practical self-defense
- Relieve stress
- Challenge yourself like never before!
- Build your self-confidence!
Spokane Boxing members age in range from 5 years old to 79 years old!
No matter your age or fitness level, you can start working out anytime!
Boxing Bootcamp & Conditioning
New to boxing? Ready to exceed your fitness goals like you never imagined?
Join us throughout the week for a killer workout inside and outside the ring as you learn boxing skills, condition your entire body, and send your cardio endurance through the roof!
This is a great class for beginners of all ages. Free for members. $10 if you want to drop in.
Classes offered throughout the week:
- Monday-Thursday - 10am, 4:45pm, 5:30pm, 6pm, 7pm
- Saturdays at 10am
- Monday & Wed. nights from 6-7pm - Special Spartan class with Heather Grover
Sparring sessions are arranged through Coach Rick Welliver. Sparring is primarily for competing boxers and those who want to test their boxing skills in a controlled and supervised environment.
You will not be allowed to spar until you have reached a level of skill and conditioning that allows you to adequately protect yourself in the ring. All sparring is done by approval only!
About the Gym
Spokane Boxing was started in 2002 by former professional boxer Rick Welliver, who had been training others since 1994 and had always dreamed of owning his own gym. Since then, Rick has trained hundreds of men, women, kids, and young adults who have wanted to get in shape or become competitive boxers. Rick has trained both amateur and professional fighters in his 22 year coaching career.
At our current facilities, Spokane Boxing features:
Full Size Elevated Ring
10 Heavy Bags
Speed Bag and Platform
Floor Ladder for Footwork Drills
Boxes for Footwork Drills
Several Full Length Mirrors
Floor Mats for Ab Workouts
Vertical Knee Raise/Dip Machine
2 Restrooms with Showers
Everything you need for a killer boxing workout is right here!
Interested in getting started or learning more?
Call Rick Welliver at (509) 217-0731 or stop by the gym at 115 S. Jefferson St. on the West End of Downtown during our normal hours:
- M-F 10am-12pm, 4pm-8pm
- Sat. 10am-12pm
All Ages & Experience Levels Welcome!
$100 — Startup Fee
$70 — Monthly
$175 — 10 Week Option
Family Rates Available Upon Request
Group Rates Available Upon Request
Drop-in & Private Lessons
$30 — Private Lesson
$250 — 10 Private Lessons
$10 — Drop-in Fee (Up to 2 Times)
Prepaid Punch Cards Available Upon Request
Why Spokane Boxing is "More Than a Gym"
Serving Communities - Providing Hope
Serving Spokane, WA Since 2002
Hope for the Struggling
Boxing isn't just a sport. It's not just fitness. For many, boxing is a pathway to hope.
Rick Welliver has a huge heart to help needy kids through a sport that helped him so much growing up. Watch the video below to see what his coaching has done for just a small sample of the Spokane community.
Rick's community service has attracted the attention of local media time and again as people love to hear how lives have been changed through boxing.
KXLY 4 in Spokane featured Rick in their segment "Everyday Heroes," highlighting how boxing turned around the lives of several young adults in Spokane (watch below):
Spokane's Public television station, KSPS, featured Rick's contribution to the community in one of their "Northwest Profiles" segments. This video tells how Rick has helped kids struggling with substance abuse kick addictions by allowing them to attend meetings in exchange for gym dues (watch below):
To date, Rick has worked with over 200 needy, at-risk kids in the Spokane Community!
Serving Silver Valley, ID Since 2014
Moving Beyond Spokane
Rick has always loved the Silver Valley of Northern Idaho. In 2014, he brought boxing back to the Silver Valley in a big way. He has worked with over 25 kids in the Wallace and Kellogg area to date. (watch below)
What you've seen is only the beginning. So much more could be done to serve Spokane, WA, and Silver Valley, ID and surrounding communities.
If you have a heart for helping boxing grow in the Spokane area, and have a heart for helping at-risk youth, give Rick a call at (509) 217-0731 to see how you might contribute!
Rick Welliver & Spokane Boxing in the Media:
Print & Digital Media
- Inside Idaho's Gritty 'Wallace Fight Night' - (Resource Travel - May 2017)
- "In Their Corner" - (Spokesman Review - May 2017)
- "Keep Your Hands Up" - (Justin Whiteman/Documentary - Spring 2017)
- "Eyes on the Prize" - (Inlander - Jan. 2017)
- "Spokane Boxing Moves, Sees Gains" - (Spokane Journal of Business - Jan. 2017)
- "Pugilistic Passion" - (Spokane Journal of Business - Jul. 2016)
- "Kid Gloves" - KSPS/Northwest Profiles - May 2016)
- Rick Welliver Interview - Andsons Magazine (Nov. 2014)
- "Hard-living Idaho panhandle gets its fight back" - AlJazeera America (Dec. 2014)
- "A Different Kind of Boxing Gym" - (KHQ6 - Jun. 2014)
- "Boxing in Spokane Could Use Some Punch" - (Spokesman Review - Jan. 2014)
- Everyday Heroes - Rick Welliver (KXLY4 - Aug. 2013)
- "Ring Those Kettlebells" - (Inlander - Mar. 2010)
If you are a member of the media and would like to contact Rick for an interview, use him as an expert source on boxing in the Northwest, or gain a greater understanding of how boxing can help needy kids, please give him a call at (509) 217-0731.